Sunday, April 4, 2010

Die, Baby, Die! pages 8-13

Here are pages 8-13 of Die, Baby, Die! This scene takes place right after something terrible has happened to Miyuki! Once establishing in the first scene that this is, indeed, a horror comic, I used this next scene to slow things down a bit and introduce a few more key players, mainly Chiyoko.

Page 8 will have the Title and Chapter heading in the large space after the first tier. It will look something like this DIE, BABY, DIE! CHAPTER ONE: YOU AIN'T A BABY NO MORE, BABY! Anyway, that's my tentative title, I'm planning on writing it in brush and dropping it in before final printing.






Above I did an extensive amount of hatching to distinguish the wood frames and porch from the outside walls. I dropped it after the third panel. Without the hatching it makes the panels feel less weighted. I couldn't decide if I should just hatch all of the wood in this scene to keep everything consistant, or if dropping it out works fine, because the "camera" is farther away and might not pick up every detail...
I am happy with the way this scene turned out. I think the pacing is there, and I really enjoyed working with the grandparents. I tried hard to really establish the inside of the temple, because it is going to play a large part in the story much later on.

3 comments:

Jatronic said...

I think the hatching looks great.

Matt Aucoin said...

Thanks, Jatronic! I've been working a lot on it since your last comment on the bathroom panel.

JTW said...

luv da work glad i met u @ at MOCCA hope to see u around (I might need a foreward in a book some day) :)