Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Moving to a New Place

A new month has started and with it comes new responsibilities. New problems. New everything. I just moved away from everything I knew and was comfortable with so that I could get settled in at the Center for Cartoon Studies in White River Junction. So far, the move hasn't been easy.

I'm struggling to find some decent employment around here, I have some potential prospects but I'm sure that none of them will give me free pizza on Fridays. I'm living off of the money that I saved up over the last six months when I knew I would be moving. But, of course, I had to get two new tires, and oil change, and other petty things like eating.

I like the area we moved to, it's quiet and quaint. But I can't shake the feeling of being incredibly bored. It could be that there is nothing exciting going on in Woodstock, VT (except a farmer's market on Wednesdays from 3-5), or it could be the fact that I'm not spending forty hours a week busting my ass at a job, so that I can come home and complain that I don't have any free time. I could be a combination of the two.

To bid my time I've been working on an essay titled L.P.R., keeping up with my daily comic book diary, and laying out pages for a new comic book. But still, I find myself on the internet all too often. I think the only people on the internet as much as me are teenagers who don't have cars and just got out of school for summer vacation. Ah, too be young.

No comments: